When you start to hear the little children singing carols, you know the best time of the year is here. Now is it possible to celebrate Christmas without a rich and decadent cake? The sweet vanilla flavor mingling with heavenly taste of fruits can take you to cloud nine on the Christmas Eve. Spending less than an hour for baking a delightful cake, take a look at the easy recipe here.
The easy Christmas cake recipe does not send you to the supermarket because each ingredient can be found in any kitchen. Here is the list of ingredients that you need,
4 cups of all purpose flour
3 white chocolate fudge bars
½ cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup of finely chopped raisins and cherries
½ cup of apple juice
- Put the raisins and cherries in the apple juice for one hour.
- Heat a pan and melt the white chocolate bars. Then keep it aside.
- Separate the yolk from egg white. Blend the egg white until it becomes only froth.
- Melt the butter in a heated pan.
- Take a bowl, add flour, yolk (beaten), melted butter and fudge bars. Mix them well.
- Pour the white egg froth in the mixture. Keep blending and then add baking powder and vanilla essence.
- Mix the cake batter for half an hour. It may take more or less time because there must not be any bubbles.
- Take out the raisins and cherries and leave them on top of the batter.
- Bring out the baking tray, brush its surface with oil and put it in the tray.
- Preheat for five minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Take out the baking pan and pour the cake batter delicately.
- Put the pan back in the oven and let it bake for next 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Find a toothpick and insert it in the cake when the timer has stopped. If the toothpick comes out clean without having any trace of the cake, it is baked completely.
- Take the cake out and let it cool. After a few hours, cut the cake and serve the delicious Christmas special vanilla cake to your loved ones.
Ever wondered why Christmas cake is a must during the holiday season? The English tradition started with plum porridge for shushing down the growls of an empty stomach. Later, honey and dried fruits were added to the porridge. And the oatmeal was replaced by wheat flour, butter and eggs.
The seasonal dried fruits, marzipan and almonds found their way back in the cake recipe. In some of the variations around the world, spices found their place in the recipe and nutmeg is one of the popular names. Home bakers used a variety of seasonal dried fruits and experienced with brandy or rum for adding more flavor to the recipe.
However, if you are caught up in your hectic schedule and spending Christmas away from home, just send cake to Delhi for your family.