Raksha Bandhan – A True Celebration of Sibling Love!
While there are endless days of teasing and fighting for the silliest of things, there also are pure memories of caring and fierce protection and full of love. That is the reason why this special bond of love that siblings share has a special day of its own, a special celebration that also has its roots deep in the Indian culture system – Raksha Bandhan.
The Essence of Raksha Bandhan
The words Raksha Bandhan mean ‘protection’ and ‘tie’ respectively and as translated in Sanskrit mean ‘the tie or the knot of protection.’ Raksha Bandhan is the day when this brother-sister relation and the bonds of love that define this relationship are celebrated and revered by most Indians. Despite the diverse cultures one sees in India, Raksha Bandhan is one special occasion that is celebrated all over country. The festival of Raksha Bandhan falls on the last day of the Hindu month of Shravan, on the full moon day, known as Poornima.
According to rituals, on this day, a sister ties a sacred thread on the wrist of her brother, seeking his eternal protection and praying to the almighty for her brothers’ longevity, prosperity and success. The brothers on their part promise their sisters lifelong security and unconditional love. In return, it is customary for brothers to shower their loving sisters with Raksha Bandhan gifts and unique gifts, which the sisters will hold in their hearts forever.
Historical and Mythological Importance of the Brother-Sister Festival
Just as all other festivals and celebrations in India have a reason or a history behind them, there are a number of historical and mythological references to the celebration of the bond between brothers and sisters.
One reference states that Lord Ganesha’s sons, Subh and Laabh, pestered him for a sister, Lord Ganesha created Santoshi Maa from the flames that emanated from his consorts Riddhi and Siddhi. Another reference states that the festival of raksha bandhan was celebrated in the times of the Mahabharata too, when Draupadi tied a rakhi to Lord Krishna just before the war. Similarly, there are many references to the festival, in early Indian history, as well as a reference to the fact that Rabindranath Tagore encouraged the festival to reduce the growing distance between the Hindus and the Muslims in the early 1900’s. This emphasized on the importance of the festival in keeping the bond alive in a country that has such diverse cultures.
Raksha Bandhan 2018
Raksha bandhan 2018 is just around the corner. This year, it falls on the 26th August 2018, and according to the Hindu day division, the auspicious time for sisters to tie their rakhis to their brothers this year falls in the afternoon from 2 pm to 4 pm.
In the earlier days, where post was the only mode of communication and exchange of raksha Bandhan gifts and items, Indians all over the world would be prepared a month and a half in advance with their rakhis for brothers, carefully sealed in envelops to be sent via snail-mail. Thankfully, today, to send rakhi or Rakhi gifts to Delhi as well as anywhere in World, one does not have to wait for the postman to deliver the rakhis.
Moreover with the advent of e-commerce, and online shopping gaining momentum, online rakhi and rakhi sweets delivery in Delhi is simply a click of a button away!
A Variety of Rakhis at your fingertips
The online rakhi store offers an unimaginable variety of fancy rakhi designs as well as designer rakhis that are available to send Rakhi to Delhi. One can opt for any type of rakhi as per the preference and budget.
- Fancy Rakhi Designs Choose from a wide category of fancy designs that range from simple threads and cartoon characters, to elaborate stone designs and gold silver rakhis suitable for all ages and preferences.
- Designer rakhis Looking for something more elaborate and special for the best brother? Choose from the range of designer rakhis that are made with kundan stones, gold and silver, pearls, zardozi designs that will look charming on the wrist.
- Bhaiya-bhabhi rakhis Indian culture not only celebrates the bond between a brother and sister, but also places special importance on the relationship shared by a sister and her brother’s wife – also known as the Bhabhi in most Hindu cultures. The exquisite range of bhaiya-bhabhi rakhis includes a set of a rakhi for the brother and a lumba rakhi for the sister-in-law in exquisite designs.
- Bracelet Rakhis Bracelet rakhis are the latest styles available as rakhis for brothers. These can be worn even after the festival and a brother can keep his sisters love close to his heart at all times.
- Kids Rakhis A wide range of kid’s rakhis are available to send rakhi to Delhi. Cartoon characters like Chotta Bheem, Doremon, Superman, Spiderman, Ben10, Micky Mouse, etc. are very popular. Rakhis for brother as well as rakhis for sisters are available.
- Personalized rakhis One can even make the rakhi more meaningful for brothers and get a personalized rakhi with a picture of the brother and sister together.
- Rakhi Thalis The online catalogues also have an option of buying rakhi thali online. One can choose from a variety of beautifully designed thalis.
With such a wide variety, one is really spoiled for choice!
Send Rakhi to delhi - Delhi Online Gifts
|Rakhi Collection||Rakhi Combo Gifts||Rakhi & Gifts by Relation|
|Stone Rakhi||Rakhi with Sweets||Rakhi for Borther|
|Mor Pankh Fancy Rakhi||Rakhi with Chocolates||Rakhi Gifts for Bhaiya and Bhabhi|
|Silver Rakhi||Rakhi with Flowers||Rakhi for Kids|
|Bracelet Rakhi||Rakhi with Dry Fruits||Rakhi for Siblings|
|Chota Bheem Rakhi||Rakhi with Cakes||Rakhi Return Gifts for Sister|
|Bhaiya Bhabi Rakhi||Rakhi with Gifts Hampers||Rakhi Gifts for Brother|
Send the Best Rakhi Gifts to Delhi
It is customary on the day of Raksha Bandhan that the brother returns the gesture of tying the rakhi with a sweet gift for his sister. One can find a huge range of Raksha Bandhan Gifts like personalized rakhi gifts with a memorable brother-sister photograph, rakhi gifts for kids, rakhi gifts for sister, etc. One can also choose combos like rakhi with sweets, rakhi gift hampers, rakhi chocolates, rakhis sent along with different options in sweets and mithaai like kaju barfis, gulab jamuns, pethas, soan papdi, etc., Indian and imported chocolates, cakes, dry fruits, flowers, soft toys, toys for kids and much more.
Online Rakhi Delivery in Delhi, Anywhere in Delhi, NCR!
We spend the best days of our lives as kids playing together, only to grow up and settle in different parts of the country and world. With online rakhi store, one can Send Rakhi to Delhi as well as Rakhi Gifts to Delhi. Moreover with express delivery of Delhi Online Gifts, it is now easy to send rakhis to Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Jaipur, Punjab, Palwal and as many as 500 cities near Delhi.
One can also send online Rakhi to Delhi from UAE, USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Europe, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Germany and many other countries.